Alex May was invited to be the annual International Visiting Artist at the University of Calgary’s Department of Art, which featured a solo exhibition, artist talk, video mapping workshop, studio visits, and meetings with students and faculty over a week long stay.
Solo Exhibition: Shadows of Light
Works in show:
- Shadows of Light (interactive digital projection)
- Memory Box (site specific video mapping installation)
- The Art and Science of Linen (video)
- Uniform Glitch 5x (video)
- GEN001 (video)
- Gradient Compression (video)
Alex would like thank everyone at the University of Calgary who attended the exhibition, talk, and participated in the workshop for their warm welcome and enthusiasm. Special thanks to the Head of Department of Art Brian Rusted for the invitation to be the international visiting artist, and for organising a great schedule of events.